Health, Safety, Quality, Energy & the Environment (HSQEE) Policies
Our goals are simply stated:
- Commitment to Environment, Health, Safety, Energy & Sustainability
- No accidents
- No harm to people
- No damage to the environment
The Company shall achieve its aspirations through:
- Meeting and exceeding the relevant safety, quality, security and environmental legislation, regulations and other requirements,
- Setting and continuously reviewing its quality, safety and environmental objectives and targets as well as providing adequate resources and shore-based support for their achievement,
- Providing for safe practices in ship operation and a safe working environment,
- Providing appropriate training to all personnel, especially those whose work may create a significant impact upon safety, security and the environment,
- Continuously improving the safety-management skills of personnel ashore and aboard ships, including preparation for emergency,
- Maintaining the ships and their equipment in such a manner as to always ensure their fitness for the intended service,
- Identifying potential risks and establishing adequate safeguards,
- Meeting and exceeding customer needs,
- Commitment to high ethical standards, to honesty and integrity,
- Maintaining safety, quality and environmental excellence, including a "0" incident and spills to sea record,
- Maintaining a safe and healthy working environment, free from alcohol abuse and use of illegal drugs. Possession, consumption, distribution or sale of illegal drugs or unauthorized alcohol by any of the Company employees shall lead to instant dismissal of the responsible individual.
All employees are responsible for getting HSQEE right. Top HSQEE performance and the health, safety and security of everyone who works for us are critical to the success of our business.
- consult, listen to and respond openly to our customers, employees, neighbors, public interest groups and those who work with us;
- work with our partners, suppliers, competitors and regulators to raise the standards of our industry;
- openly report on our environmental performance whether good and bad;
- recognize those who contribute to improve HSQEE performance.
Our business plans include measurable HSQEE targets. We are committed to meeting them all.
We shall continue to reduce the environmental and health impact of our operations through waste, emissions and effluent discharge management and efficient use of energy, through an effective Energy Management Plan.